8AM - 5PM
$53,700 - $79,800
The purpose of this position is directing the R'Garden Program in consultation with the Advisory Committee. The 4.5 acre community garden site is centrally located in the University and will showcase sustainable agriculture through University-level courses, research, service learning, community events, and a variety of student-led initiatives. The University community, local community groups, organizations, and schools will participate in garden activities.
Working decision making and reasoning skills, and ability to develop original ideas to solve problems and conduct operations analysis and quality control analysis.
Working knowledge in landscape/groundskeeping services.
Working, effective interpersonal and work leadership skills to provide guidance to other personnel.
Ability to provide plant and pest identification.
Working verbal and written communication skills in the English language, including active listening, flexibility, critical thinking, and the ability to multi-task and ensure effective time management.
Successfully working independently as well as part of a team. Ability to lead and organize others.
Basic computer applications skills.
Ability to communicate in Spanish.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview