Systems Administrator III
Systems Administrator III
Systems Administrator III
IT Shared Services - 925000
Is this an internal posting only?
** This position is open only to internal candidates in the IT Shared Services Department **
IT Shared Services (ITSS) is part of the Finance Division of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Systems Administrator III to join our team. This position performs complex (journey-level) computer systems analysis work. Work involves analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems. May train others. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide 2nd-tier customer support for supported systems by communicating with customers, troubleshooting, resolving and documenting issues and solutions.
* Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
* Coordinate installation, configuration or update of software systems.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software systems.
* Create and follow procedural documentation in support of the installation and maintenance of software systems.
* Develop scripts or programs to automate routine tasks or solve problems.
* Communicate and coordinate maintenance of software systems with other technical teams.
* Monitor system health and performance and take action to resolve issues.
* Work with vendor support staff to ensure software systems are available and compliant with licensing.
* Analyze, develop and/or recommend and implement strategies for the integrations of software systems.
* Assist Team Lead in the daily activities of the team by doing supervisory and project management work as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and four years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Prior experience with specific systems, equipment and software may be specified as needed by department.
* Considerable knowledge of principles of computing and/or communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environments.
* Knowledge of principles of computing and communications networks, and characteristics of computing hardware and software used in distributed environment.
* Ability to operate computer keyboards and to install computer hardware.
* Ability to assimilate, retain and utilize technical and applications-oriented information.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Advanced knowledge of Voice Over IP (VoIP) telephony
* Analog to VoIP migration administration
* Skype for Business system administration
* Skype for Business application administration
* Polycom IP phone administration
* AudioCodes Mediant 1000 Gateway system administration
* West e911 gateway configuration
* Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging system administration
* Microsoft Office 365 administration
* Active Directory domain administration
* PowerShell Scripting
* SIP troubleshooting
Special Instructions to Applicants
** This position is open only to internal candidates in the IT Shared Department **
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting