Business Services Senior Professional
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine
Business Services Senior Professional
Position 752921 - Requisition 14689
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The School of Medicine Department of Emergency Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Senior Professional position.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Business Senior Services Professional. This full-time, University Staff position is responsible for providing project management, recruitment, and clinical support to the Department of Emergency Medicine. This includes: managing the monthly clinical schedule for Emergency Medicine Faculty; acting as a project manager for all phases of the advance practice provider recruitment process; and overseeing the Department's New Faculty Orientation program.
Supervision Received: This position will report directly to the HR Manager.
Supervision Exercised: This position does not currently supervise other personnel.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provides direct administrative and operational support the Medical Director and Chief of Clinical Operations of the Department of Emergency Medicine.
- Manages, coordinates and executes special projects related to CME credits for audits and incentives.
- Manages the operational needs of the Department's APP (Advanced Practice Provider) Program.
- Develops and maintains reports for department leadership regarding physician clinical hours, types of shifts worked and the equitable scheduling of holiday hours.
- Conducts regular gap analyses in order to determine if additional reporting tools are needed for department leadership.
- Manages all phases of the APP recruitment process, including: coordinating candidate travel, accommodations and schedule.
- Acts as a project manager and monitors the progress of all faculty recruitments, through the initial applicant phase to the final interview.
- Evaluates all new applications for completeness and criteria; triages applicants to the appropriate hiring authority/faculty member.
- Manages first and final round interviews by: coordinating candidate travel, accommodations and schedules; reserving appropriate University resources (i.e. IT, personnel, rooms, etc.); and resolving any schedule conflicts and/or last minute cancelations.
- Manages travel reimbursements.
- Provides recruitment notifications to applicants including referral letters, not selected letters, etc.
- Manages onboarding for all new Faculty hires in collaboration with the HR Manager, Vice Chair of Finance and Administration, and Executive Vice Chair.
- Coordinates departmental meetings for clinical operations.
- Records, transcribes, and distribute meeting minutes appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, arranging lodging, and coordinating meeting accommodations.
- Responds to both internal & external confidential inquiries related to the Department of Emergency Medicine and the Care Innovation Center.
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and adds additional content/detail based on high level descriptions.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Bachelor's degree in business, communications, accounting, finance, social sciences, marketing or other closely related field.
Two (2) years of executive or high-level administrative experience in an academic, health care, and/or business related environment.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific two (2) years of experience.
- Five (5) years of executive or high-level administrative experience in an academic, health care, and/or business related environment.
- Professional and progressively responsible project management experience.
- Experience making travel arrangements and travel reimbursements.
- Experience working in an academic medical environment.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Present and maintain a professional, polished, and positive demeanor/disposition while working with internal and external stakeholders (including multi-national and start-up companies) in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and get back on task after interruptions.
- Ability to analyze company metrics and determine potential partnership opportunities.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the CARE Innovation Center in a professional and polished manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to organize and follow through on multiple complex tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with diversified internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively via phone, email, and in person.
- Excellent time management and organization skills; ability to take direction and use independent judgment to meet multiple deadlines.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions/judgments on sensitive and confidential issues.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, projector, digital camera).
- Ability to manage a high volume of the information coming in and going out of the administrative office.
- Ability to monitor ongoing inquiries and ensure they have been addressed in a timely and effective manner.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: [Frances Schulz, Frances.Schulz@ucdenver.edu]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20353 - SOM-Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Frances Schulz
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00752921