PROFESSOR, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
JOB NO.: 95944-FA
Work Type: Faculty-Full Time
Department: NUR/FACULTY AFFAIRS/ADMIN
Categories: Instructional, Research, Scientific
Employment Class: Faculty
Position Vacancy ID: 95944-FA
Working Title: Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor
Official Title: PROFESSOR(C20NN) or ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR(C30NN) or ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(C40NN)
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 01, 2019
ACADEMIC (9 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
* Earned research doctorate (PhD or equivalent) in Nursing or related field required.
* If earned research doctorate is not in nursing, graduate degree in nursing is required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Three or more years of experience or combined education and experience in conducting health-related research projects;
* A record of research publication;
* One or more years of experience or combined education and experience in teaching at undergraduate or graduate levels in nursing or health related field;
License or certificate:
Eligibility for Registered Nurse licensure in Wisconsin is required.
The School of Nursing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is seeking to fill two tenure track faculty positions. Successful candidates will join a vibrant and collaborative group of scientists and scholars conducting innovative and impactful research aimed at improving health care services and individual and population health across the lifespan. We seek candidates who will develop and maintain research programs focused on generating new knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
* Symptom science;
* Informatics and health systems innovation;
* Policy and leadership;
* Population health;
* Psychiatric/mental health.
Successful candidates for these positions will also teach courses aligned with their expertise in undergraduate nursing, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), and PhD programs, and will mentor graduate students in research and scholarship.
The UW-Madison School of Nursing was established in 1924 and is the leading nursing research institution in Wisconsin. The mission of the School is to develop leaders for the profession and society. We make discoveries, enhance systems, and improve health through research, education, and practice. The School of Nursing fosters an academic environment that welcomes diversity in students, faculty, staff, and the curriculum, as we strive to achieve inclusive excellence.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
Instructions to applicants:
Electronic submission of application materials is required. Applicants must apply via the online application system at jobs.wisc.edu . Please click on the "APPLY NOW" button to start an application. Application materials must be uploaded as one complete document. Application materials shall include:
1) A letter of application referring to Position Vacancy Listing #95944 and referencing areas of research expertise, teaching experience, and scholarly interest which describes research program and teaching interests;
2) A current curriculum vitae;
3) Three data-based publications;
4) Three letters of reference from individuals who can evaluate teaching and research.
All documents must be uploaded as one complete file.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by midnight on January 15, 2019, however the position will remain open and applications may be considered until the position is filled.
NOTE: Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the names of applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality.
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 12 2018 Central Daylight Time