University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Department of Medicine/Division of Rheumatology has an opening for a full-time Instructor, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant position working within the Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology. The position is offered through the (Medicine) Division of Rheumatology located at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC) in Aurora, Colorado and at the UCHealth Practice in Lone Tree. The position will not be involved in course instruction and is not eligible for tenure. The Rheumatology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant hired plays a vital role at the University of Colorado Rheumatology clinic and would see patients at both the AMC UCHealth Outpatient clinic and at the UCHealth Lone Tree clinic. This is the ideal choice for an individual who has the passion and desire to impact the lives of our patients and their families. The successful candidate for this Rheumatology full-time faculty clinic position will be responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for rheumatology patients, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of health care resources throughout the continuum of care. Supervision may be exercised as required for specific patient care.
The position requires 100% effort working within Rheumatology outpatient clinics. Note: The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team. Role model professionalism through conduct, appearance, communication, mutual respect, leadership, ethical decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Examples of work performed includes the following job specific duties:
- Manages the health care of patients at Rheumatology AMC Aurora clinic and the LoneTree clinic. Performs a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identifies medical health risks and needs. Performs, orders and/or interprets diagnostic studies within the scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the University of Colorado Hospital location in Aurora, Colorado. Performs advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice for these programs as well as other programs requesting procedures, according to schedule. Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices. Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate. Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home. Facilitates client participation and promotes self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices. Facilitates appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated. Assists others as necessary, always using time constructively and participates as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible clinic professional. Uses computer system(s) appropriately. Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use. Documents in the medical record according to policy/procedure and maintains accurate, legible, and confidential medical records. Complies with incident reporting and notification requirements. Apply organizational policies, regulations and procedures in administration of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Master's Degree in Advanced Practice Nursing or a graduate of an accredited program in Physician Assistant Studies is required. Current active license to practice in the state of Colorado as an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant. Prescriptive authority is required. Currently credentialed as an APN or PA by the appropriate national certifying body.
Preferred (3) three years' experience as Rheumatology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14672
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, Please provide copy of active practice license and current credentials as an APN or PA by the appropriate national certifying body.
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20229 - SOM-MED-Rheumatology
Posting Date: Sep 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carissa Figal
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00753542