Building Service Supervisor - 2 positions available
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-13-2018
The primary purpose of this position is to be managerially responsible for and to provide direction and supervision to personnel in General Revenue Facilities on evening (5 p.m.-1 a.m.) and night (11 p.m.-7 a.m.) shifts. It is this position's responsibility to adopt and practice the philosophies of participative management by actively participating in quality initiatives and developing good working relationships as well as to ensure compliance with all applicable codes negotiated through agreements/contracts from all employees under his/her direction.
The Building Service Supervisor improves the housekeeping of facilities by participating in the coordination of efforts of the Building Services division. This position assists in the research, testing, and training for new products, supplies, and equipment used in Building Services operations and provides input into the acquisition of products.
1. High School graduation or equivalent.
2. Three (3) years of experience in building service operations or related work, one (1) year of which included the supervision of others.
3. Two (2) years in building custodial supervisory capacity.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Supervisory ability.
2. Strong written and oral communication skills.
3. Strong customer service orientation.
4. Initiative and ability to solve problems and identify alternative solutions.
5. Ability to promote team building through effective and timely communication.
6. Knowledge of techniques and methods employed in commercial/institutional housekeeping.
7. Knowledge of Illinois and Federal regulations regarding health, safety, and employee right to know.
8. Ability to attend meetings during various times of day or night.
9. Ability and willingness to work varying and unusual work schedules.
10. Ability to work independently.
11. The incumbent must comply with all University policies and procedures, IDOL, EPA, OSHA, and safety regulations, and applicable union contracts.
12. Computer experience in Microsoft Office.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.