Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
Supports instruction in teaching laboratories, constructs, tests, operates, and/or maintains laboratory or instructional equipment. Runs equipment stockroom. Cleans and stocks instructional laboratories.
- Cleans and stocks instructional laboratories.
- Orders and stocks glassware inventory.
- Maintains student key inventory.
- Maintains records of student glassware breakage.
- Ability to train others
- Knowledge of relevant laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and safety requirements
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software
- Knowledge of research techniques or methods
- Ability to construct relevant instructional equipment
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Required - high school diploma or relevant
- Preferred - Bachelor's degree in science field
- Required - A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- ability to stand for up to 2 hours
- ability to bend, crouch, or stoop
- fire safety and evacuation
- chemical hygiene plan
- personal protective equipment
- Cover letter and resume
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/