Part Time Technical Support Associate I
Part Time Technical Support Associate I
Position Number: 10064175, 10064179
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Oconee
Job Close Date: 09/25/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Technical Suppport Assocaite I. The Technical Support Associate's role is to provide efficient and effective technical support to end users and to maintain UNG's desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Technical Support Associate will:
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding technical incidents.
- Provide critical support for end-user technology. Provide technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students.
- Perform contracted configuration changes in coordination with other IT units.
- Perform onsite Tier I/II documented resolutions of technical issues for end users. Assist in the creation and updating of support documentation, and provides in-time training to campus faculty and staff.
- Troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required deskside service levels.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of PC hardware installation and repair, Windows and Apple operating systems and peripheral installation and support.
- Knowledge of PC networking in an Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of PC imaging, remote management, and remote support.
- Working level knowledge of ITILv3 processes and ITSM best practices.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Sitting for extended periods of time; ability to certify and maintain good standing in golf cart driver course for the purpose of transporting cumbersome objects, such as computers and peripherals; of responding to critical support calls and cross-campus transportation; maintain a state-issued driver's license in good standing.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Associate's degree (Computer Science preferred) or relevant experience.
- One year of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Dell, A+ or MCITP certification or equivalent preferred. Apple, Microsoft, and ITIL v3 certification desired.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.