Open date: September 12th, 2018
Next review date: October 12th, 2018
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: October 19th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Earth System Science at University of California, Irvine has an immediate opening for one or two postdoctoral researchers. The projects seek to better understand the underlying dynamics of ENSO complexity and climate variability in the Western Pacific. The work involves analyzing reanalysis data, hindcast products, and coupled model simulations, as well as performing numerical experiments with coupled atmosphere-ocean general circulation models (CGCMs).
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in atmospheric science, physical oceanography, or a related discipline. Preference will be given to individuals with prior experience working with CGCMs and with strong programming skills. Salary is commensurate with experience. The initial appointment for this position is one year, with renewal contingent on performance and the availability of funds.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-8 required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now