HVAC Mechanic I Medford-18001422
HVAC Mechanic I Medford-18001422
Tufts University’s Facilities department provides professional, high quality and cost effective services to the faculty, staff and students of the University. The commitment includes planning, building, maintaining and operating the department to maximize long-term value. Each Facilities employee is expected to meet the needs of our customers and to strive to exceed their expectations.
Position requires 10+ years of experience and extensive knowledge in the maintenance, installations and cleaning of various types of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Candidate must have current, valid Massachusetts Driver’s License. Must possess a current, valid Massachusetts Department of Public Safety Refrigeration Technician License and Sheet Metal License. Certification in EPA/DEP and Universal CFC reclamation is required. High School diploma or equivalent is required. Trade or vocational school is strongly preferred.
Must be able to read blueprints and HVAC diagrams, repair and program JCI controls and demonstrate ability to use Maximo Maintenance System. Must work with minimal supervision. Must be mature, adaptable, and have the ability to work pleasantly and tactfully with his/her fellow employees, faculty, students and staff. This Position is required to be on call.
- Candidate must have current, valid Massachusetts Driver’s License.
- Must possess a current, valid Massachusetts Journeyman’s Refrigeration License and Sheet Metal License.
- Certification in EPA/DEP and Universal CFC reclamation is required.
- Reading, writing and comprehension of the English language is required as well as the ability to compute addition, subtraction, multiplication and division functions using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to read blueprints and HVAC diagrams, repair and program JCI controls and demonstrate ability to use or be willing to learn Maximo Maintenance System.
- Basic computer knowledge and operation skills.
- Trade or vocational school is strongly preferred.
- Must be mature, adaptable, and have the ability to work pleasantly and tactfully with his/her fellow employees, faculty, students and staff.
- To complete jobs using the right knowledge and materials, and to do so in a safe and timely manner.
- Develop new and creative ways of keeping the exterior of the buildings (campus) well maintained.
- Maintain the mindset that we are a service organization and strive to improve on service both as an individual and as part of a department. Proving to the customer that you are working in their best interests.
- Minimum of 5 years of Digital Controls experience.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Shift is Sunday – Thursday, 7:30-4:00. Required to be available for emergency calls during off hours.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Facilities Medford - Trades A
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 2:54:55 PM