Director, Integrated Communications
Requisition Number STA - 201000000662
Job Title Director, Integrated Communications
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Director, Integrated Communications.
The University - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
This position is responsible for strategic analytic leadership and tactical planning for communication and marketing efforts (advertising, student recruitment marketing, web development, and social media). By developing and executing an annual strategic, multi-media marketing/communications plan that falls within the framework of the university's broad strategic plans. Positon will be expected to produce in-house content (written/photo/video) without outsourcing work, as part of an effort to integrate effective multi-format communications, advertising, marketing and web tools (digital and print) that promote the law school's brand to all internal and external audiences. This position helps to drive increased enrollment, retention, engagement, partnerships and support, while driving publicity and overseeing internal and external communications.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Chief Communications Officer to create law school brand marketing strategies; defines brand marketing and advertising tactics with directors and managers; sets brand direction across all platforms (i.e. direct mail, print publications, digital advertising, out-of-home, broadcast, web, social etc.) and collaborates on packaging and marketing stories.
- Collaborates with the Media Director to determine best use of story packages within advertising and marketing tools, and across all platforms to enhance image and reputation; support enrollment and retention, and drive other university goals; develops communication strategy and directional plans; sets timelines, goals and direction for projects across digital and print platforms in collaboration with Project Management Office.
- Meets with Deans to determine how UNT Dallas Marketing & Communications can best serve their needs; collaborates with Chief Communications Officer to set specific annual and semester-focused project goals.
- Conducts market research, defines audience segmentation, sets metrics and assesses products for effectiveness.
- Leads College of Law multimedia content development, marketing, advertising, web site, social media and media relations.
- Creates College of Law marketing materials, advertising campaigns and digital content, and as necessary reviews individual marketing/communication plans
- Directly manages the College of Law marketing administrative assistant.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and five years of closely related professional experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Ability to create and communicate brand marketing and technology strategies in support of institutional goals.
- Ability to conceptualize and create strategic and effective brand marketing materials for university audiences.
- Ability to shoot and edit photos and video.
- Ability to create, execute, monitor and evaluate strategic social media campaigns.
- Ability to design basic graphic content for print and digital distribution.
- Experience in planning and creating effective tools for use with all audiences.
- Understanding of technical requirements in web development, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing Automation Platforms as well as marketing and advertising communication.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, conduct multiple tasks, establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
- Extensive knowledge of branding, marketing, technology and content productions.
- Knowledge of use guidelines for various media (print, online/social, broadcast).
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and security measures related to work performed.
- May need ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use fingers and hands to feel, grasp, operate or handle objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?