American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Responsible for general ledger closing, and overall financial statement reporting ensuring accuracy and reliability of financial information. Prepares and/or directs the preparation of reports on current operations, including trend projections as required (bank covenants, DOE Composite Score, and others)
- Generate accurate and timely financial statements and business activity reports for management and Board of Trustees
- Records/approves assigned journal entries; maintains GL account analyses
- Oversee Business Office/Accounting Grant and Endowment Fund accounting/reporting; liaison for College's various departments, and Development Staff on accounting issues and record keeping
- Serves as liaison for the College's annual independent, retirement plan and special audits
- Prepares regulatory reporting and tax returns
- Maintains Financial Edge and other accounting and control systems; assists with implementation of updates/changes
- Supervises Associate Controller
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to establish best practices
- Perform other tasks/projects as assigned
- Required Degree(s): BS Accounting
- Preferred Degree(s): MBA
- Required Field of Expertise: Accounting and finance
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Accounting and finance in higher education or the non-profit sector
- Required Training/Cert: CPA
- 5+ Years of overall combined accounting and finance experience; including, but not limited to understanding financial data analysis, creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong priority setting skills
- Ability to work closely with senior management, board of trustees
This is a full-time, exempt, benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.