Office Coordinator I
The Office Coordinator will provide a wide range of administrative support activities for multiple projects related to gender-based violence. This is a one year limited term position, beginning November, 2018, with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares administrative reports; gathers data and information from a variety of sources and performs research as necessary for students, staff, the public, and community partners.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains files on students, internal and external fund accounts, university operations and personnel.
- Reviews policies, procedures, and university offerings with students, and other customers to advise on options for resolution.
- Supports Administrators with the completion of assignments, gathering of information and coordinating of schedules.
- Assists in establishing financial reports and developing budget tracking systems.
- Provides assistance with administrative projects and ensures compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Prepares and reconciles departmental files and timesheets in SAP and serves as the fiscal liaison for multiple accounts.
- Completes a wide range of computer tasks, including correspondence, reports, tables, agreements and other documentation as needed.
- Reviews and gathers receipts and submits bills for department products and services.
- Coordinates with external agencies to exchange information, coordinate services, and arrange for student employment.
- Greets and screens visitors, customers, and other university stakeholders.
- Schedules on and off campus seminars, meetings, and conferences and arranges for travel as required.
- Oversees regular and student employees as needed.
- Maintains and protects confidential records.
- Assists with event planning.
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired in the first two or three years in college, technical school or a related field; six months to one year of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in customer service, budget, organizations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Possession of a valid vehicle operator's license. May require some evenings and weekends. This position requires knowledge of basic personal computer terminology and operations, and the ability to use e-mail and the Internet.Desired Qualifications
MUST have training in and experience in protecting confidential information; willingness to travel within Michigan to provide administrative support at meetings, workshops and trainings.Required Application Materials
List of 3 references with contact informationSpecial Instructions
List of 3 references with contact informationWork Hours
8-5, may require some evenings and weekends.Description of End Date
This is a limited term position funded for one year from the date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.Bidding eligibility ends on 9/18/2018 at 11:55PM