Program Coordinator-Social Sciences & Business Division
Whatcom Community College invites applications for a Program Coordinator position in the College's Social Sciences and Business Division (Class Code 107N). Reporting to the Division Chair for Social Sciences and Business, this individual assists the Division Chair with management functions essential to divisional operations including assimilation and monitoring of divisional budgets, development of class schedules, monitoring and reporting of faculty and staff leave, monitoring of enrollment reports and faculty load sheets, and other duties. The division coordinator also provides support for faculty and department chairs on relevant college processes. This individual contacts divisional faculty regarding reporting of final grades, assists the division and department chairs with scheduling meetings, as needed, and provides support for divisional projects for chairs and faculty, as needed.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Division and Department Chairs with all administrative functions essential to divisional and departmental operations.
- Maintain and organize files and confidential materials.
- Following established guidelines, respond to inquiries regarding departmental services and procedures. Troubleshoot any problems that arise with building-related issues.
- Assist faculty with administrative procedures, including making travel arrangements, ordering desk copies, and providing help with basic software questions.
- Using established procedures, coordinate with others inside and outside the organization to share information, make decisions, arrange for services or other assistance, and/or implement solutions to problems or complaints.
- Assist faculty and others with teaching station/AV equipment.
- Communicate effectively via email, phone, and in person.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain office equipment and machines.
- Order, receive, and maintain inventory of basic classroom and office supplies.
- Participate in divisional and departmental planning meetings.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- High school graduation or equivalent, and two years of clerical experience performing complex office work, OR equivalent education/experience.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Associate's Degree.
- Excellent customer service skills, including listening attentively, identifying issues, providing resources, and fulfilling services. Able to communicate knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations and institutional policies and procedures to assist others and/or resolve problems.
- Familiarity with operation and use of general office equipment and machinery, including photocopiers, printers, fax machines, and Scantron machines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization, orally and in writing, with a minimum of grammatical errors. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Keeps supervisor and co-workers informed.
- Develops innovative ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges and brings ideas to supervisor.
- Actively contributes to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational goals.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity, and appreciates the differences in people.
Salary and Benefits:
- Range 37, full-time salary starting at $2,707 per month with periodic increments to $3,505 per month. Benefits include life, health, dental and long-term disability insurance, state retirement plan, vacation and sick leave and holiday pay.
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
Shift and Working Conditions:
- Position's shift is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Indoor office environment with many interruptions and deadlines. May have extended hours sitting at the workstation. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Application Due Date:
- Applications due on Friday, September 21st, 2018 at 4:59 pm.
To apply please visit us at: