Travel and Events Coordinator - Cybersecurity Grants
Whatcom Community college invites applications for the Travel and Events Coordinator-Cybersecurity Grants posiiton. The travel and events coordinator will support travel, workshop and event logistics coordination as part of federal grant deliverables for CyberWatch West, a national cybersecurity education resource center based at Whatcom Community College. Activities will support travel and logistics arrangements for workshops, educational activities, administrative meetings and industry events nationwide involving grant personnel, community college and university participants and industry participants. Reporting to WCC's Grants Manager for cybersecurity grants, the coordinator will work with both internal and external colleagues to support travel arrangements, accurate paperwork, and logistical needs and communicate with participants regarding logistics and travel support/stipends.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely and collaboratively with the grants manager, project director, associate director, grants fiscal specialist and WCC's Business Office to plan, arrange for and execute timely travel arrangements for WCC grants staff and other participants as appropriate. Prepare and process all related paperwork accurately. Travel arrangements may include car, air or train transportation and hotel lodging.
- Support grants personnel and collaborators in arranging event logistics for a variety of workshops, educational activities, sponsored events and meetings across the nation at various hotels and higher education settings.
- Identify and document event plans and related details; determine realistic audio visual and other event logistical needs; identify and propose realistic catering needs; research, prepare and present reasonable options for implementing all logistical support and event needs.
- Develop and communicate to appropriate personnel regarding travel or event budgets and budget variables.
- Work with event host to develop event contracts including for participant rooming and logistics.
- Provide support to member colleges for industry event coordination.
- Provide travel stipend or support information to participants and track as appropriate using Excel or databases.
- Communicate effectively and pro-actively using Outlook, telephone and other means to all appropriate internal and external parties and participants regarding event details and plan.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Associates degree or equivalent education/experience.
- Two years' experience in an office setting.
- Two years' travel/event coordination experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in hospitality & tourism or related field.
- Experience in higher education environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of technology/audiovisual options that support events including wireless access, project systems, and remote access issues.
- Experience working with hotel event contracts.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and to juggle multiple event timelines and related tasks on different timelines.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing using Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to accurately track expenditures and develop budgets using Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of paperwork.
- Willingness to work an occasional evening or early mornings if necessary.
- Ability to travel and work on an occasional weekend if necessary.
Salary and Appointment:
- This is a 12-month, full-time, grant funded administrative/exempt position with potential for continuation based on grant funding. Exempt from Washington State civil service law, with an annual salary based upon a range of $39,000-$43,000, DOE.
- The position comes with a full benefit package, including health, dental, life, long term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
Application Due Date:
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by Friday September 21st, 2018 at 4:59 pm. Position open until filled.
To apply please visit us at: