Assistant Director, Housing Budget & PPV
3rd administrative official in line responsible for directing a dept, division, or college and could report to either an Associate Director or Director.
This position is responsible for housing budgets, projections, Public/Private Venture (PPV) reporting, assist tracking accounts receivable and accounts payable. The position reports to the Associate Controller for Auxiliary and Other Groups with a dotted line to the Executive Director of Housing. Critical role for day-to-day operations for on-campus residential communities on KSU campuses. Responsible for budget projections and maintaining/amending budget during the year. Ensures that all business transactions are compliant with established fiscal policies and procedures of both the University and Foundation; develops and facilitates business unit’s financial policies and procedures.
- Reports to the Associate Controller – Auxiliary and Other Groups and dotted line to Executive Housing Director
- Responsible for ensuring all accounting and reporting aspects of the MOU with KSUF are delivered accurately and timely.
- Manage the overall housing department budget, amendments, journal entries, and all business transactions of the department that includes contract review, reports, and reviewing payables monthly for accuracy.
- Manage audits and ensure the balance sheet accounts are reconciled and reviewed every month.
- Review invoices to ensure they are payable by the University in accordance with MOU and the established budgets.
- Establish accounting procedures and policies to be reviewed and approved by the Director of Housing and Associate Controller, Auxiliary & Other Groups and responsible for the adherence to those policies and procedures by staff.
- Meet with directors monthly to provide budget updates, make recommendations regarding expenditures and provide reports for their planning and monitoring of budgets.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for the Housing Advisory Committte
- Monitors all personnel position budgets, salary, adjustments, and balances.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with KSU Foundation and Housing Operations department
- Have working knowledge of DOAS, BOR and other State Accounting policies and guidelines
- Responsible for all PPV reporting for housing units.
- Assist with accounts payable approvals and accounts receivable balances.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related work experience OR 7+ years related work experience.
- Master’s Degree in business related field and/or CPA
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong financial process knowledge with the ability to deliver results
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, detail-oriented and deadline-driven while maintaining the highest level of accuracy
- Strong computer application skills (including but not limited to StarRez, PeopleSoft, Excel and Word). Experience with system conversion is desirable
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven management skill and ability to attract, retain, motivate and manage talent
- Effective team player, flexible, quick learner, and self-motivated
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-pace environment