Associate Director of Faculty Teaching Initiatives
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Faculty Teaching Initiatives in the Yale Center for Teaching and Learning, the Associate Director of Faculty Teaching Initiatives will work with the Director to strategically create and lead faculty development programs across the University. The Associate Director will support the implementation of high-impact, research-supported educational development activities and be responsible for a suite of programs, to be determined by the successful candidate’s skills and training. The Associate Director will also research and develop curriculum for new and developing programming; attend faculty consultations and represent the Director at CTL functions as needed. More generally, the AD will contribute to the advancement of the CTL mission, focusing on key tenets such as: developing student learning as it relates to teaching excellence, prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and building a culture of assessment at Yale.
Required Education and Experience: PhD or equivalent level degree; faculty development leadership experience; 5 -7 years’ university teaching experience.
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently; mature professionally; ability to gain a comprehensive understanding of the academic context and respect its possibilities and boundaries.
- High degree of analytic ability; excellent writing skills, combined with the capacity for translating education research for a highly-educated and diverse institutional population.
- High degree of comfort speaking in front of varied audience types; developed sense of self-awareness with areas of strengths and weaknesses, particularly as they relate to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Strong interpersonal facilities; cooperative and willing to be part of a team.
- Proactive thinker; track record of experimenting with program development to meet the needs of different groups; ability to connect to a vision and carry out a concrete plan of action.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Tenure track or other full-time university teaching experience; Experience in faculty development at a research institution.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2MTcZ89. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.