Director of Advancement Services
The Director of Advancement Services, supervising two full-time and several part-time staff, reports to the Executive Director of the NJCU Foundation and is responsible for overseeing the strategies and day-to-day operations of the Office of Advancement Services, which includes gift processing, database integrity, reporting, prospect research, donor stewardship, and system enhancements.
This position also provides critical operations support, liaising with various University offices such as Finance, Registrar, Bursar, Enrollment Management and Colleges/Schools.
The Director is a key member of the University Advancement team and as such, expected to collaborate with colleagues across the University to improve the accuracy of Raiser’s edge data, to enhance the quality of reporting, and to increase the effectiveness of fundraising and constituent engagement initiatives.
Key duties include:
1. Providing overall leadership and direction for the Office of Advancement Services with the goal of increasing private support and constituent engagement, and serving as the system administrator of Raiser’s Edge, establishing and developing all constituent data processing policies and procedures. (50%)
2. Supervising the Prospect Research Analyst and Gift Processing Associate, as well as several student assistants, and directing them in the timeliness and accuracy of all stages of gift processing and prospect research. (25%)
3. Developing and maintaining a suite of reports and queries to monitor data integrity and to serve management and constituent reporting needs. (15%)
4. Developing and managing the Advancement Services budget. (5%)
5. Training staff in various areas of Raiser’s Edge to improve the scope of data collected in the database as well as in policies and procedures pertaining to data entry and reporting. (5%)
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• Six+ years of proven successful in database administration, preferably with Raiser’s Edge.
• Higher Education fundraising experience preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated tact and diplomacy in working with a wide variety of personalities.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, ethical sensitivity and discretion.
• An entrepreneurial, self-starter work ethic with the ability to independently make sounds decisions.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to create, advance and evaluate strategic initiatives.
• Leadership experience in managing cross-collaborative teams and projects.
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends.