Assistant Coach - Men's Basketball
This position is responsible for providing assistance and support to the Head Men's Basketball Coach and the college's men's basketball program. This is a 12-month, full-time position with benefits.
- Assist with managing the men's basketball program budgets, including scholarship, travel, operating, and equipment budgets.
- Assist with practices; instruct players.
- Recruits student athletes; attends high school games; evaluates players; communicates with coaches and players.
- Assists with advising and monitoring the academic progress of student athletes.
- Assists with scheduling practices and games.
- Assists with coordinating team travel including coordinating meals and hotels; reserves transportation for away games; prepares expense reports and travel authorizations.
- Assists with fundraising events and programs.
- Ensures compliance with NCAA and SIAC rules.
- Assists with summer basketball camp.
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing intercollegiate sports.
- Knowledge of college-level athletic program management principles.
- Knowledge of basketball rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of student recruitment principles.
- Knowledge of NCAA and SIAC rules.
- Skill in the coaching and training of student athletes.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Head Men's Basketball Coach assigns work in terms of program goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports and observation of program activities.
Guidelines include NCAA rules and regulations, University System of Georgia policies and procedures, scholarship guidelines, and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied program management and coaching duties. The variety of tasks to be overseen contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to direct and coach the university's men's basketball program. Success in this position results in the successful provision of programming to college students.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, coaches form other colleges, referees, student athletes, business professionals, professional scouts, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and occasionally heavy objects, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in an office and in athletics facilities.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over assigned part-time staff and student workers.
- Baccalaureate degree required.
- One year of related experience required.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Clean driving record.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.