Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management: Executive Staff Assistant
Job ID 14736
Location UW Eau Claire;Eau Claire, WI
Full/Part Time Full-Time
UW-Eau Claire is seeking to hire an Executive Staff Assistant. This is a full time, expected-to-continue University Staff position with an official title of University Executive Staff Assistant, reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management, a newly-created division.
This position provides executive support to the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management. The person in this position functions under minimal supervision and must exercise significant initiative in independent decision making. This position researches and prepares reports/presentations and functions as a liaison between the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management with other departments, campuses, and the public.
Core Position Duties:
- Coordinate and maintain calendar, scheduling appointments as needed.
- Screen and evaluate correspondence and reports, bringing important and urgent matters to the attention of the Vice Chancellor.
- Assist in a variety of department projects, cross-functional initiatives, and special projects as requested.
- Research sensitive issues; recommend action regarding sensitive and confidential correspondence and reports and independently respond to or coordinate a response on a timely basis. Tact and discretion must be exercised in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Generate spreadsheets, graphs and presentations.
- Assist the Vice Chancellor with any other duties as assigned.
- Experience providing administrative support to high-level administrators
- Demonstration of:
- Intermediate to high level experience working with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving, prioritizing, multitasking, and decision making skills.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Ability to:
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of information.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and quality service in communicating with and working effectively with a diverse variety of internal and external contacts.
- Analyze complex issues and to use discretion in responding to confidential matters.
- Prioritize and meet multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Advanced experience in creating and using Excel spreadsheets including formulas, macros, and pivot tables.
EMPLOYMENT DATE: Start date in October, 2018 (start date negotiable)
Applications must be submitted electronically by September 28, 2018. For position details and directions to apply, visit: www.uwec.edu/employment. Search for Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management: Executive Staff Assistant (Job ID #14736). Your application will require the following in PDF format: Cover Letter; Resume; Names and contact information for three references. For position related questions please contact Barb Hanson, Human Resources Representative, at 715-836-5040 or email@example.com.
To ensure priority consideration, completed applications must be received by 9/28/18. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusivity.