Location: New Orleans, LA
Responsible for supporting payroll related accounting functions, including labor distribution, gross to net reconciliations and payroll generated balance sheet reconciliations. Performs financial duties in support of departmental projects and priorities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to maintain routine accounting data in appropriate ledgers and journals.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state tax laws.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use various standardized office equipment such as telephones, computers, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various standardized word processing, database or spreadsheet preparation software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact with individuals internal and external to the organization in an effective, courteous, and productive manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed.
- Excellent grammar skills, and the ability to produce error-free correspondence and work products.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently in the completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to serve as a positive, contributing member of the WFMO team and to represent the department favorably in all interactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1 year of accounting experience
- Knowledge of Cyborg Payroll/Personnel system preferred.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.