Program Assistant I
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado Area Health Education Center
Job Title (Program Support I)
Position 752430 - Requisition 14685
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
UPDATE: This position has been updated and is no longer a full-time position. It is now posted as a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant I position. This position is eligible for benefits.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, Colorado Area Health Education Center has an opening for a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This full-time position is responsible for providing program and administrative support services: Assisting in program design, development, evaluation and implementation of programs: including communication with multiple constituencies. This position serves as a resource to others as needed to assure adherence to UCD and CU and COAHEC's policies and procedures. All work is to be done in accordance with the AHEC mission which is as follows: The Colorado AHEC Program Office works to build state-wide network capacity and strengthen academic-community linkages in four core mission areas: health careers and workforce diversity; health professions students' education; health professions continuing education; and public health and community education.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide program management, implementation, and coordination of programs overseen by the Associate Directors (e.g., Cadaver Lab Experience, Discover Health, Summer Health Careers Institute, Colorado Health Professions Development Programs, National Western Stock Show, and workshops and conferences) to students, clinical faculty and staff.
- Assist the Associate Director with scheduling, coordinating and managing programs; event coordination to include recruiting, coordinating presenters and managing participant registration for various AHEC events, supervising student workers, volunteers and event staff and coordinating with other departments, preparing materials for presentations and events, reserving meeting and training rooms, organizing catering and ordering supplies for training and events.
- Coordinate with vendors for AHEC sponsored events, communicating with site vendors regarding specific needs of the program to include: booth size, furniture rental, and Wi-Fi connectivity; communicate with Associate Director regarding execution of vendor and event contracts, payment invoice schedules, deadlines etc. for each program (e.g. NWSS/ Colorado State Fair, ECER conference) Determine and solicit sponsorships/donations for AHEC events and determine the required information/literature to be provided to clients participating at AHEC events.
- Employ university procurement card/travel card to complete outside vendor purchases to meet division needs; and, complete monthly reconciliation referencing the expense report.
- Coordinate/oversee registration, travel, and reimbursement for regional outreach activities for faculty as assigned.
- Fill in for presenters who do not show for programming, may include directed questions for journaling, discussing SMART (Specific Measurable Attainable Reasonable Timely) goals, and having PBL (Problem Based learning) activities ready to present.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Four years of general clerical or administrative service experience, which included complex scheduling, calendar management, and/or event planning experience.
Substitution: College, university or non-correspondence business school course work may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general experience, but not for the specific experience.
- A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, healthcare administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with University of Colorado software such as Concur (or other travel process software), and Microsoft Office software programs.
- Experience working in a university or healthcare environment.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work products.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications A current CV/resume List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Toni Thomas / [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by September 17, 2018. Those who do not apply by September 17, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 20581 - ADM-VCHA-AHEC General Operatio
Posting Date: Sep 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Toni Thomas
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00752430