Marketing & Communications Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
National Mental Health Innovation Center
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Position #725051 - Requisition 14676
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The National Mental Health Innovation Center (NMHIC) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Marketing & Communications Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will act as a communications and programmatic coordinator for the NMHIC. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will collaborate with NMHIC leadership to support the development of collateral materials promoting the work of the center including maintenance of the center's social media functions and website. The NMHIC is a start-up organization, and the Marketing & Communications Coordinator must have a strong commitment to teamwork in organizational leadership and development, deploying communications expertise internally as well as externally.
Our externally-directed work is predominantly community-oriented in Colorado, with a portion of our work being done in partnership with entities within the University of Colorado and other institutions of higher education. Community-based partners and target audiences include health professionals and those living with mental health and substance abuse challenges as well as community leaders in business, education, public safety, journalism and media, and other professionals whose work is touched by and can contribute to community behavioral health.
The work of the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be prioritized by NMHIC leadership and will relate to the Center's four major goals:
- Increasing public acceptance and understanding of mental illnesses and addiction
- Promoting prevention and early intervention
- Ensuring access to best-in-the-nation treatment for all Coloradans
- Making integrated physical and behavioral health care the norm in Colorado
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is an essential team member working on center projects related to our New Workforce and technology initiatives
- Support the development and execution of communications strategy to promote the work of NMHIC, including robust use of social media
- Maintenance of the NMHIC website and communications collateral materials
- Identify opportunities to build visibility for the NMHIC brand
- Audio editing of the NMHIC podcast
- Development of short web-based videos promoting the center's work (filming and editing)
- Manage a limited budget and assistance from resources within the University as well as from external providers of communications-related services as needed
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, web design, communications or a related field.
- Experience developing print and electronic materials including website, flyers, videos, and audio files.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with relevant software including web design, graphic design, video editing and audio editing.
- Experience using electronic and print media to tell stories of constituent populations.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills/Areas of professional interest include:
- Graphic design
- Website management
- Social media and outreach
- Audio/video editing
- Public health principles and health communication
- Technical or multimedia production knowledge/skills
- Marketing of professional services and educational opportunities
- Broader implementation of effective programs and practices
- Knowledge and experience with brand management.
- Demonstrated excellence in journalistic writing.
- Ability to provide strategic rationale for messaging, wording and tone.
- Social media strategy.
- Sufficient knowledge of website design and functionalities to guide website development.
- Strong design sensibility and the ability to select and lead graphic design talent.
- Communications strategy for advocacy purposes in both government and private sectors.
- Ability to work with start-ups or rapidly growing organizations.
- High emotional intelligence, political savvy, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Patrick Micone at Patrick.Micone@ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is September 16, 2018.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21693 - ADM-CHAN Ctr for BehHealthInno
Posting Date: Sep 11, 2018
Closing Date: Sep 16, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Patrick Micone
Posting Contact Email: Patrick.Micone@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00725051