CLASS-Dean's Off-Gen - 120100
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F, 8-5; some evening and weekend events
The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences' mission is to promote and provide, through diverse courses of study, the finest in quality graduate and undergraduate education and scholarship in traditional liberal arts, performing arts, social sciences, professional, and technical academic programs.
The CLASS-Dean's Office Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist to join our team.
The successful candidate will support the Development team in the Dean's office. This position also provides administrative support for the Dean's Office. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide administrative support for Development Team and Advisory Board, which includes:
* Schedule and confirm appointments with donors, alums, faculty and other administrators.
* Make calls to individuals identified as donors/potential donors.
* Preparing IDOs, ePro requisitions.
* Scheduling of meetings, typing correspondence.
* Process travel vouchers.
* Managing cards and mailings.
* Updating Excel spreadsheets, updating development website.
* Merging and printing letters and invitations.
* Developing Thank you letters for the Dean.
* Maintain existing files and create new files with donor information.
* Coordinate and attends Development Team meetings.
* Run errands on and off campus for development team.
* Research data for one-time requests from departments and programs and prepares appropriate reports.
* Works with Central Development regarding data requests for all departments and CLASS development staff.
* Receives, documents and delivers to Central Development all gifts received for CLASS departments, and resolves any problems associated with them.
* Maintains audit trail of all donations received through CLASS development Office.
* Works with departments to help manage scholarship files, procedures, and processing.
* Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment,tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
* Budget, Purchasing, and Cash handling experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting