JOB NO.: 105699-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VET M/CCU-ANESTH-ER/CCU
Categories: Animal Care, Veterinary Medicine
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 105699
Working Title: VETERINARY TECH
Official Title: VETERINARY TECH 3(35303) or VETERINARY TECH 2(35302) or VETERINARY TECH 1(35301)
Hiring Department: A878150-SCHOOL OF VET MEDICINE/CCU-ANESTH-ER/CCU
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
This is an advanced level position requiring extensive technical knowledge and skill, independence of action and cooperative team effort to meet the operational/ instructional needs of the Critical Care Unit and Emergency Services of UW Veterinary Care (UWVC). Position responsibilities require the individual to demonstrate initiative and the ability to make independent discretionary judgments that can affect the quality/outcome of animal life. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. independently and physical and manual dexterity to perform specialized technical tasks. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Oversees and assures that high quality nursing care is administered and maintained in the primary care of animal patients.
2) Participates in instruction of veterinary students and training of veterinary technicians.
3) Monitors veterinary student participation in daily receiving schedules, initiates changes and lends assistance when needed.
4) Assists supervisor in problem solving activities and administrative tasks.
5) Participates and understands the importance of working as a team member within the hospital structure (i.e. communication with supervisors and faculty for enhancing productivity and quality patient care).
6) Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate proposed ideas and solutions.
The work is performed under general direction.
Certification as Wisconsin Veterinary Technician or Eligibility to Obtain
Wednesday 4pm-4am, on-call (oc) until 5am
Thursday 4pm-2am, oc until 5am
Monday 4pm-2am, oc until 5am
Tuesday 4pm-2am, oc until 5am
Instructions to applicants:
Please click "Apply Now" to start the application process. You will be required to submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Aug 27 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 10 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time