Medical Office Service Coordinator
8AM - 5PM
$37,125 - $46,020
This position will support the Quality and Compliance Manager with administrative tasks related to Quality Assurance and Quality Compliance projects, credentialing and medical records. This position assists in performing verification of immunization documentation, medical records processing, credentialing activities, scheduling meetings, keeping meeting minutes and reporting, and will also perform front office duties. This position will work within an environment of confidentiality and requires a need for sensitivity regarding patient rights, and compliance with FERPA & HIPAA regulations. This is a career position funded for one year with the possibility of extension based on available funding and operational need.
Minimum 1 year experience in a medical office setting.
Experience with electronic medical records system.
Computer knowledge and skills.
Ability to manage multiple phone lines and simultaneous tasks. Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner. Ability to work quickly and accurately.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity, to respect patient rights and to comply with privacy regulations.
Ability to be an effective and cooperative member of a team.
Ability to identify potential risk management concerns and provide options to resolve and the ability to use judgment in deciding when to consult with a supervisor.
Manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity to perform the required duties.
Minimum of three years medical/dental receptionist experience.
Knowledge of University computer systems and policies.
Knowledge of Point and Click electronic medical records system.
Handling of meeting scheduling and taking of meeting minutes.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview