Registrar - 165001
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Registrar's Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal reporting.
The Registrar Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Registrar Assistant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* The incumbent will maintain and update permanent academic records of current and former students.
* The incumbent will post evaluated nontraditional and transfer credit to students' records, post special titles and messages to permanent records, and process grade changes and tuition rebate requests.
* The Registrar Assistant will calculate and correct academic status as appropriate and will also perform clerical and receptionist duties involving proper handling of phone calls, visitors, and answering general questions regarding all Student Services in the Office of the Registrar.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of general office or clerical experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing, evaluating facts or situation to route calls/customers appropriately.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Basic MS Office skills.
* Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation, and basic math.
* Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Quality customer service skills, responsible, dependable, and professional.
* Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Dedication to customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate services.
* Flexibility to change tasks quickly.
* Experience with clerical and data entry processing.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, and a minimum of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting