Customer Service Representatives (FT & PT)
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Customer Service Representatives (FT & PT)
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Workforce Development & Continuing Education Central Administration Department, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, off campus (Westfield and Gaithersburg Business Training Center), has a need for two part-time and two full-time Customer Service Representatives.
These are bargaining, non-exempt, Grade F.
Rockville (Part-time) Monday-Thursday 2:30 pm-7:00 pm; Saturday 8:30 am-12 noon
Gaithersburg Business Training Center (Part-time) Monday-Friday 2:30 pm-7:00 pm and
2 Saturdays per month; Friday off when working Saturday
Full-time positions are 40 hours per week, hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
- Greet and assist customers while providing a professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere.
- Assist internal and external students in choosing the class and schedule that best meets their needs.
- Respond to existing or potential students as well as corporate clients and providing extensive knowledge of all Workforce Development & Continuing Education's programs in addition to providing information on other College programs.
- Perform routine voice mail checks throughout the day to ensure student requests/responses are met within the day.
- Verify class cancellations/re-locations to inform students of options for another class that meets their needs and goals.
- Assess and resolve discrepancies and conflicts relative to student schedules.
- Assist the potential and existing student experiencing difficulty in registering on the web.
- Report problems that have been encountered and report to student registration specialist for resolution.
- Create and post memos and/or signs pertaining to courses to assist student with course locations, changes and cancellations.
- Provide program staff, instructors and counselors with information pertaining to student enrollment and class size in case of cancellation.
- Assist faculty with room set-up/lay-out and materials for class.
- Provide customer service support at special events, conferences and local government open houses.
- Set-up College displays, market and answer questions relating to the College and course information.
- Provide hands-on training in classroom presentations on great customer service skills when requested.
- Repair fax, printers and copiers when requested by faculty and staff.
- Allow students from specific customer service programs to shadow me and observe customer service throughout the day without violating company confidentiality.
- A combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field and high school diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years of customer service and support experience.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices as applied to the provision of general office services, business English, spelling, grammar and conventional styles and formats used in oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws on financial aid and eligibility requirements.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office applications including Image Now.
- Skill in using a multi-line phone system, data entry, accessing relevant information from various sources for reporting purposes and producing final typed materials for distribution.
- Interact with a diverse community including students, parents, corporate entities and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student financial, academic and personal records and able to handle challenging situations with students, parents, or general public using diplomacy and courtesy.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
OC - Gaithersburg Business Training Cntr