Senior Application Developer-Administrative Systems
Department: Administrative Systems
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Sep 11, '18
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Director of Administrative Systems, the Senior Application Developer works closely with staff in the unit and functional offices, solves problems and implements solutions. Assists in integrating third-party solutions and services with Ellucian Colleague or other information systems supported by the college. Assists in maintaining and supporting existing software applications to ensure software integration, data integrity, standards compliance, security, and information relevance. Participates in planning and project requirements meetings to ensure application development will meet requirements and standards. Assist in developing or integrating applications in compliance with standards using appropriate technologies and languages. Supports and assists in developing, as needed, solutions, based on project specifications. Assists in creating and maintaining end user technical documentation. Rapidly learns new technologies as needed in support to all the systems that integrate with Ellucian Colleague systems (Informer, ImageNow, Zogotech, Self Service). The employer may consider a remote work arrangement subject to approval by Human Resources.
- Colleague Envision Programming
- Colleague Administration
- SQL Programming
- Three years full-time professional experience in supporting Ellucian Colleague Administrative system or other education administrative system (Banner, Jenzabar, PeopleSoft, etc.) or database(s) integrated with an enterprise wide resource program (ERP)
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to break down complex technical information for non-technical users.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with ability to relate to and train faculty/staff with diverse backgrounds
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five or more years of Ellucian Colleague programming experience
- Strong organizational, analytic, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server programming
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and SQL databases
- Development experience with a modern language (.NET, C#, PHP)
Salary Range: $90,000.00 -$100,000.00
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By September 27, 2018.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
- Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents