Director, Enrollment Strategy
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Director of Enrollment Strategy is a highly visible role that works cross-functionally within Chicago Booth and across the University of Chicago. As a core member of the full-time MBA admissions leadership team the Director is responsible for leading the Enrollment Strategy team, which develops and maintains relationships with internal and external partners and coordinates all facets of the in-person/virtual experience for prospective and admitted students. In this role, the Director will think strategically across audiences and platforms to increase the number of applications and matriculants to Chicago Booth.
- Lead and manage the Enrollment Strategy team (five employees), which is responsible for all virtual and in person experiences.
- Research, develop and implement innovative recruitment strategies that increase awareness of MBA opportunities at Chicago Booth.
- Responsible for overall corporate strategy of admissions team; develop and execute strong corporate strategy including research of companies to engage/develop, plan visit events (either on campus or at corporate offices), communication materials, etc.
- Lead the efforts to ensure seamless execution of recruiting events/activities; including planning and marketing events to prospective/admitted students, alumni, and corporate partners.
- Work closely with the admissions marketing team to meet needs of pipeline development efforts.
- Serve as main contact in managing relationships with external partners such as Forte Foundation, admission consultants, etc.
- Research and analyze data on team's strategic projects, making recommendations for future initiatives.
- Secure approval and effectively manage annual recruiting budget.
- Liaise with other Booth offices including, but not limited to, the Office of Advancement, EMBA admissions offices, The Deans Office, Student Services, Office of Diversity Affairs, and Career Services to develop new strategies to engage prospective students through global outreach.
- Liaise with other professional schools across the University of Chicago to create joint recruiting strategies and attract talent to the various dual degree options.
- Serve as a senior member of the admissions committee. Conduct MBA recruitment, evaluation, and yield activities. Duties include reading and evaluating applications; traveling domestically and internationally and attending various recruiting and yield events.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Master's degree required, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of admissions or admissions-related experience required, experience working in higher education preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience managing a team (delivering results through the work of others) required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing, recruiting, outreach and effective communication techniques required.
- Excellent strategic planning, critical thinking, analytical, and persuasion/negotiation skills required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Exceptional ability to present information accurately, clearly and as intended to individuals and groups required.
- Ability to lead and manage several projects simultaneously required.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines required.
- Ability to work successfully as member of a team required.
- Professional demeanor, including tact, discretion, and a customer service-oriented approach required.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work non-traditional hours required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/