Parking Enforcement Officer
Position Number 998675
Position Classification Title Property Security Officer
Functional Title Parking Enforcement Officer
Position Type Staff
This position enforces parking rules and regulations on the university campus. Work involves issuing parking citations to violators in a fair and consistent manner and maintaining a thorough knowledge of current rules and regulations. Employee communicates to the public with courtesy and respect providing information about parking on campus and assists anyone with locating parking spaces and obtaining the required parking permits. Position will assist in reserving parking areas, preparing and placing signs, and greeting participants for departmental functions and special events. Employee will provide proper vehicle and equipment maintenance and will be responsible for safekeeping of funds entrusted to their care. Position is essential, so employee may need to be here during adverse weather conditions.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY AND DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK. SOME POSITIONS MAY REQUIRE VALID N.C. DRIVER'S LICENSE.
-One (1) - two (2) years of directly related experience
-CDL with passenger endorsement, so DMV check is required
-Traffic direction certification or ability to obtain certification
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range 31,200
Org #-Department Parking Services - 57701
Work Hours of Position Monday-Friday, 3pm-11:30pm plus as needed on weekends and mornings. Hours may be flexed as needed by parking.
Job Family Law Enforcement & Public Safety
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 09/11/2018
Close Date 09/25/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 58
Number of Months per Year 12
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a valid CDL with passenger endorsement?
- * Are you capable of arriving to work in adverse weather conditions?
- * This position requires the employee to work outdoors, are you capable of working in all types of weather conditions?
- * Based on your previous work history, describe your customer service experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu