Communications Specialist - Global Development & Environment Institute, School of Arts and Sciences
Communications Specialist - Global Development & Environment Institute, School of Arts and Sciences-18001575
This is a part time position working 28 hours per week.
The Global Development and Environment Institute, affiliated with the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, is an interdisciplinary research institute dedicated to improving economic theory, education, and policies. GDAE pursues its mission through original research, policy work, publication projects, curriculum development, conferences and other activities.
The Communications and Research Specialist develops and implements strategies for all aspects of the institute’s communications work, including: web design, analytics, and content management; email promotion and management and expansion of contact database; media outreach and tracking; outreach coordination for events and conferences; representing GDAE as needed at national and international conferences; development of promotional materials and publications including new formats for hardcopy and electronic publications; multimedia production and management; social media promotion strategies; annual report and evaluation of outreach strategies. This position also contributes to the development of original research materials including teaching modules, policy briefs, and working papers.
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel, Word). Experience with: Dreamweaver or other web management software; analyzing website traffic in Google Analytics; email marketing using MailChimp, or similar provider; basic computer-based video editing; basic photo editing using Adobe Photoshop; basic publications design using Adobe InDesign; social media.
- Experience in managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, customer service and time management skills.
- Strong research and writing skills
- Advanced degree in either a content area relevant to GDAE’s work or in a relevant field of communications.
- Experience in education or non-profit setting.
- Familiarity with content of GDAE’s general areas of work, especially economics, international development, and the environment.
- Strong interest and previous exposure to corporate social responsibility, climate change, sustainable development and labor related issues
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language proficiency.
- Experience with HTML & CSS.
- More than 2 years of related experience.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
May require travel on institute business, e.g. to conferences. Work hours may be flexible; most work at computer terminal.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Global Devel & Envir Inst
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 11, 2018, 2:36:04 PM