Assistant Professor of Voice (Soprano or Mezzo-Soprano)
Functional Title Assistant Professor of Voice (Soprano or Mezzo-Soprano)
Position Type Tenure Stream
The UNCG School of Music, part of the UNCG College of Visual and Performing Arts, seeks a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Voice, soprano or mezzo-soprano preferred. The candidate must be able to show evidence of successful performance and university or college level instruction, as well as the ability to attract outstanding students of singing. The UNCG School of Music places a high value on collegial relationship, and as such, a strong interpersonal skill set is highly anticipated. Fluency in a foreign language is also desirable.
Teach studio voice to undergraduate performance and music education majors, as well as master's and doctoral students in performance degrees. Teaching diction, pedagogy and/or song literature classes may also be required.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to equality of employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status. Moreover, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all faculty/staff levels.
- Doctoral Degree in Voice or equivalent professional experience
- College or university level teaching experience
- Fluency in a second language
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to submit all items electronically. Please provide:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Links to three (3) recordings of recent performances given within the past three years, demonstrating a variety of repertoire (opera, oratorio, art song). Video links are preferred.
4. Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) contacts to provide Letters of Recommendation, in the References section of the electronic application. These contacts will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system.
5. List of three additional contacts. Please provide contact information for at least (3) references that are different than those providing letters of recommendation, from whom the search committee may choose to request information regarding your qualifications.
6. Unofficial Transcripts
If you need assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with Experience
Org #-Department Music Performance - 12611
Job Open Date 09/06/2018
For Best Consideration Date 11/01/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Other Documents
- Audio or Video Link 1
- Audio or Video Link 2
- Audio or Video Link 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu