Assistant Director of Instrumental Ensembles (Bands)
Position Number 001928
Functional Title Assistant Director of Instrumental Ensembles (Bands)
Position Type Tenure Stream
The UNCG School of Music seeks a to hire a conductor/performer/scholar to fill a full-time, tenure-track position as Assistant Director of Instrumental Ensembles (Bands) at the rank of Assistant Professor. Position start date August 1, 2019.
Responsibilities include conducting the UNCG Symphonic Band, teaching conducting at the undergraduate and graduate level, assisting with conducting UNCG Wind Ensemble and co-directing Casella Sinfonietta chamber ensemble, collaborating in the teaching and administration of a comprehensive instrumental ensemble program; maintaining vigorous creative activity and providing service to the institution. Additional areas of teaching and service may be determined depending upon School needs, candidates' individual interests, qualifications, and expertise. The ideal candidate will exhibit an interest in developing a comprehensive musical awareness in all students and an understanding of how to work effectively with faculty colleagues to enhance the offerings of a dynamic School of Music.
The UNCG School of Music seeks applications from candidates who will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate cultural diversity and who are committed to advancing inclusion and equity. The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to equality of employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status. Moreover, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro is committed to recruiting and advancing women and minorities at all faculty/staff levels.
- Master's degree in Conducting
- Doctoral degree in Conducting
- College or university teaching experience
- Public school teaching experience
- Evidence of artistic excellence
- Demonstrated commitment to creative activity and professional service
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload the following items:
1. Cover Letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. One-page statement of teaching philosophy
4. Links to three videos of recent performances and one video of a recent rehearsal (total of four (4) separate links).
5. Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) contacts to provide Letters of Recommendation, in the References section of the electronic application. These contacts will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system. The search committee may wish to contact these references for additional information, as well.
7. Unofficial academic transcripts
For application assistance, please contact [email protected]
Recruitment Range Commensurate with Experience
Org #-Department Music Performance - 12611
Job Open Date 09/11/2018
For Best Consideration Date 11/15/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Teaching Philosophy
- Audio or Video Link 1
- Audio or Video Link 2
- Audio or Video Link 3
- Audio/Video Link 4
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu