Certified Nurse Midwife - Clinical Instructor
Master's Degree. Possession of or eligibility for New York State licensure. ACNM/AMCB Certification.
Minimum of six months postgraduate full scope midwifery practice.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Clinical Instructor will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines for midwifery practice.
- Provide clinical services to low risk patients who want midwifery care in a collaborative practice with faculty obstetricians, perinatologists and generalists.
- Participate in the education of medical residents regarding midwifery management of low risk women.
- Organize community outreach programs and the development of a patient base. This includes consistent contact with outside organizations on issues that affect midwifery, practice promotion and marketing.
- Participate actively with professional organizations regarding legislation and other activities, using the knowledge that is gained to enhance the Division. Maintain political awareness concerning issues affecting the scope of practice, reimbursement and healthcare in general.
- Participate in monitoring the quality of care through chart review and oversight of provider activities and productivity.
This is a non-tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Those interested in this position should submit a State Employment Application , cover letter and resume/CV by clicking Apply. Alternately, you may submit your application package to the departmental address or fax below. Please also fill out an online Applicant Information Survey . Do not submit this survey to the department.
Christina Kocis, CNM, DNP
Director, Division of Midwifery
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine
Health Sciences Center, Level 9, Room 020
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8091
Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools - Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Social Welfare - as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children's, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Official Job Title: Certified Nurse Midwife - Clinical Instructor
Campus: Health Sciences Center
Department: Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posting Start Date: 08/08/2018
Posting End Date: 09/22/2018
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 09/22/2018 , unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: Health Science and Medical Center Faculty