The CAD Tech/Space Planner (CAD Tech) will work closely with the Director of Space Management in creating and supporting a University-wide AutoCAD Building library to support space management, planning, design, & construction and facilities functions. The CAD Tech must demonstrate an ability towards independence in judgment and decision making. Professionalism and discretion will be required at all times. This position will interact with members at all levels of the University community.
Specifically, the CAD Tech/Space Planner will:
- Maintain a University-wide AutoCAD building inventory.
- Work closely with the Sr. Space Planner/Analyst in tracking projects so that drawings can be updated timely. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing project management reports and conducting field visits to active sites to observe the progress of construction.
- Collaborate with UM project managers, architects, engineers, space planners, and designers.
- Responsible for coordinating the procurement of AutoCAD files deemed necessary in the departments mission of maintaining the University’s drawing inventory.
- Update space management CAD files and the respective data using space management systems; verify that space conditions and measurements are accurate.
- Prepare graphic reports and schematic layouts to support space planning efforts.
- Support users of the Meridian drawing system under the direction of the Director of Space Management.
- Supervise students as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or related field is required.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in a University or Medical setting.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with the skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines, establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve stated goals.
- Ability to work as a team or independently.
- Appreciation for organizational subtleties and a high level of discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills.
- Customer service experience and focus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and Abode Design Suite preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Experience working in a production CAD environment is desired.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional informationhttps://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html. Come join us!]]>