Information Security Consultant
Information Security Consultant
Job Number: 80270
Would you like to help shape the future of Stanford's School of Medicine as one of the most prestigious schools in the world? Join our Information Security team in leading and changing medicine as we know it today. We are looking for energetic self-starters who want to make a contribution as an Information Security Consultant to drive and support initiatives in the office of Information Resources & Technology (IRT). Stanford University is an employer of choice in the Silicon Valley, sitting next to, and interacting with the world's preeminent high tech companies. We offer a variety of benefits beyond traditional medical, dental retirement and savings options. This is a culture where you can make a difference working alongside some of the brightest and advanced thinkers in the world.
The IRT Information Security Consultant is a newly created full-time, continuing, benefits-eligible position reporting to the School of Medicine Director of Security Programs. The focus of this position will be to lead School of Medicine systems administrators, developers, and business owners to successfully implement best security requirements and practices to protect Stanford's critical information. In addition to advanced technical knowledge of security principles, tools, and best practices, it is necessary to understand the direct impact of security implementation to system administrators and developers in an academic environment, in partnership with SoM system administrators and developers to balance the School's research, teaching, and clinical missions with regulatory and University requirements.
- Act as a project leader on large-scale computing projects in which strong technical, directional, and personal leadership is necessary. Design, configure, implement, and maintain system security strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Combine strong technical expertise in both system administration and system security applications in order to support SoM system administrators and developers in safeguarding systems and data against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or exposure. This may include reviewing the procedures and work of other system administrators as needed.
- Develop, implement and manage policies and procedures related to IT security, operational support systems, and systems policies and procedures, in collaboration with other campus security professionals and industry best practices. Develop strategies to ensure ongoing compliance with policies.
- Lead the development and documentation of information security standards, best practices, and guidelines. Collaborate with IRT Security staff to develop and deliver information to system administrators and business owners individually or in groups.
- Engage in long-term strategic planning with regard to development and integration of systems to manage or report on security stance of servers and applications in SoM. Actively participate in system and application improvement project teams.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art awareness of information security issues, incidents, problems, utilities, legal requirements and solutions for all major information system platforms in use at Stanford.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree plus five years relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
This position currently works in our Porter Drive office. We anticipate that this position will move to the new Stanford Redwood City campus in late May to late June 2019.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency