Chief Communications and Marketing Officer - FT, Management Non-Unit position
Chief Communications and Marketing Officer - FT, Management Non-Unit position
About Greenfield Community College:
Greenfield Community College is located in the beautiful and historic Pioneer Valley of western Massachusetts, between the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and the fertile farmland of the Connecticut River watershed. GCC is a public community college serving over 4,800 people annually in credit courses and credit-free workshops. Known for the caring and supportive attitude of the faculty and staff, and for the broad support it enjoys from the surrounding community, the college is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition to a strong Liberal Arts focus, the College offers a wide variety of innovative and successful programs including Gender and Women's Studies, Fine Arts, Nursing, Renewable Energy, and Outdoor Leadership, as well as varied learning environments, from traditional classrooms, to distance learning, peer tutoring, one-on-one faculty-student advising, workforce development, and learning communities that cater to specific needs and interests. Close to fifty percent of Greenfield Community College students transfer to four-year colleges, and it is Smith College's largest source of community college transfer students. Much of the College has undergone a multi-million dollar renovation that incorporates universal design principles to meet the needs of all our students. Greenfield Community College actively encourages and provides opportunities for leadership and professional development.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE:
Greenfield Community College seeks a hands-on innovative and experienced leader to lead a small marketing team, join a high-performing leadership team, and play a critical role in the evolution and success of communicating the College's value to varied audiences. The Chief Communications and Marketing Officer (CCMO) is the leader for the strategic use of marketing, communications, and media at the College. S/he will pioneer and implement measurable strategies to drive institutional goals and increase brand awareness at the local and regional levels. S/he will lead the full marketing lifecycle: campaign design, execution, monitoring, optimization, and analysis.
The CCMO will be a visionary with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing strategies. S/he will partner with units across the College to create a robust marketing plan that reflects segmentation, targeting and value proposition development. The College seeks a mission-driven, servant leader who can lead with confidence and humility to significantly improve our collective impact for students and the broader Pioneer Valley community. S/he will continue to develop and strengthen a unique and compelling voice to ensure the brand is strong and consistent in every marketing tactic, and that the story is communicated with creativity and impact.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets a vision and develops a strategy and road map for evolving marketing at the College with a goal of creating dynamic, engaging materials that authentically convey and reflect the key brand attributes and achievements;
- Establishes a standard of excellence in all communication and marketing activities, auditing and assessing the College's internal and external communication and marketing vehicles.
- Identifies best practices as well as inefficiencies and duplications;
- Develops and manages initiatives to support institutional visibility, build brand awareness, relevance, reputation and esteem among target audiences across all media venues;
- Promotes a consistent, recognizable, and positive college image; and maintains college-wide policy related to image, branding, and communications strategies;
- Acts as college spokesperson as needed;
- Leads web and social media governance for the College and lead digital marketing function (SEO, SEM, retargeting, display, paid social and email/marketing automation, blog marketing, pay-per-click);
- Collaborates with various departments in leading strategic implementation and management of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms;
- Effectively tests, uses data, and leverages market research to inform strategy and increase return on investment;
- Plans, designs and directs multi-channel marketing campaigns across multiple media channels including print, broadcast, publications, web, email, and social networks;
- Works closely with all divisions to develop innovative and effective marketing strategies to support increased visibility and recruitment efforts for the college;
- Oversees the editorial direction of all design, and production of all publications, web properties, social media initiatives, advertising, and media to create engaging and dynamic materials that authentically convey the key brand elements and attributes of GCC within the higher education market;
- Works collaboratively with IT leadership and others to ensure all consumer and employee facing digital tools are aligned with strategy, and adhere to branding policies.
- Develops an institution-wide marketing toolkit and establish key performance indicators and qualitative measures for assessing marketing effectiveness.
- Establishes guidelines on all college-wide communications; oversees the maintenance and enhancement of the GCC brand identity in all media content and venues.
- Co-develops and manages bids and contractual relationships with external vendors/contractors relative to advertising, publications, and direct mail; serves as primary liaison with external service providers for media buying.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- A minimum of five years successful experience in marketing and/or communications.
- Three to five years of experience and understanding of new media and emerging communication technologies, including web metrics and analytics, search engine optimization, content management systems, and social media marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to tell stories using multiple media for audiences with varied technological skills and preferences to enhance engagement and consumer loyalty.
- Demonstrated superior writing and editing skills, great aesthetic judgment, and a highly strategic outlook.
- Experience with media relations, public relations, strong public speaking skills.
- Understanding of graphic design and digital assets, radio and video broadcast production, advertising, direct mail, print production, new and social media
- Ability to craft and communicate unique messaging about programs and brand differentiators, and to gain widespread buy-in to marketing messages among institutional stakeholders.
- Must have superb analytical and problem-solving skills; deep understanding of changing market dynamics; and passion for education as a vehicle for social change.
- Committed to self- and group accountability, adaptability, life-long learning student and stakeholder centricity, and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to extract and analyze data to identify unique positioning and differentiators, and to make decisions about strategy and process.
- A decisive leader and self-starter with a sense of urgency, a clear set of priorities, a strong work ethic, and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must have a keen eye for operational efficiency and optimal use of resources; the ability to plan, monitor, and manage a budget.
- Collegial and collaborative management style that builds bridges and common ground among individuals and units across the university.
- Appreciation for the history, achievements and aspirations of the College and the ability to effectively and eloquently articulate the College's vision to diverse audiences.
- Master's degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Experience in Higher Education.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
START DATE: October 2018
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online.
Create a Greenfield Community College account to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 5 professional references
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire. Successful completion of a CORI check may be required.
Applications accepted up to and including September 28, 2018.
Applications received after September 28, 2018 MAY be considered until the position is filled.
To apply, please visit https://gcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=102340
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency