Coastline Community College
Project Director, Concurrent and Dual Enrollment-BSSOAP
Salary: $91,493.00 - $121,595.00 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cccd/jobs/2204042/project-director-concurrent-and-dual-enrollment-bssoap?pagetype=promotionalJobs
Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates functions and activities of the Dual Enrollment Plan in accordance with program requirements. Manages plan activities and coordinates their implementation and evaluation by working with students, faculty, administrators, and educational partners.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Project Director, Concurrent and Dual Enrollment is a mid-management position having reporting relationship to assigned Dean or Vice President at the college. The Project Director will be accountable for implementing the components of the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
• Recommends objectives and goals, and develops and implements annual plans for the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program.
• Ensures consistency of plans and their implementation with the program requirements and other College and District plans.
• Ensure all required plan elements are implemented and state-mandated outcomes are met.
• Develops and maintains local high school partnership agreements, in consultation with faculty, deans, and local high school administrators, that provide the most appropriate dual enrollment courses and schedule delivery of such courses and related services.
• Establishes standard of service delivery, specific, goals, and performance measures. Supervises, advises, and assists program staff to accomplish established goals in order to provide and improve all aspects of the program for the community.
• Monitors the implementation of the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Programs and ensures the evaluation of their effectiveness; prepares public information materials for assigned projects.
• Provides leadership for continuous planning and implementation for expanding programs and services consistent with the Concurrent and • Dual Enrollment objectives and programs.
• Recruits, selects, and supervises professional experts, and activity leaders to fulfill the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program objectives, consistent with the program's annual plan.
• Develops and oversees a marketing plan for the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program. Prepares and send communications to internal and external stakeholders each semester, outlining project activities, calendar of dates and deadlines, required procedures, and participation opportunities.
• Develops and promotes special events, seminars, and workshops including, but not limited to, student engagement events, and outreach activities.
• Organizes, attends or chairs a variety of administrative and staff meetings as required; serves on committees and special projects as assigned; coordinates programs and services as appropriate with other District and college personnel.
• Maintains current knowledge of instructional theories and new technologies pertinent to assigned projects; learns and applies emerging technologies and advances (e.g., computer software applications) as necessary to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
• Develops and monitors budgets and maximizes financial resources.
• Supervises, motivates, trains, and evaluates assigned personnel to provide high quality of service.
• Collaborates with college and District-wide leadership related to Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program activities and required reporting standards; provides data for inclusion in requested reporting and analytical statistics.
• Directs the preparation and maintenance of detailed and comprehensive records, reports and files related to the consortium personnel, facilities and activities; ensures the collection, recording and reporting of required enrollment and performance data.
• Directs, develops, and maintains files, reports, and documentation to comply with the program requirements, as well as District policies and procedures.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skills related to pertinent legislation, emerging trends in Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Programs, and the duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Performs other related duties as assigned that support the objectives of the position.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Knowledge and Skills
• The position requires knowledge of Concurrent and Dual Enrollment programs including the theories, concepts, and prevailing practice in developing Dual Enrollment partnerships.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of the dynamics of a culturally and economically diverse community, its education and retraining needs.
• Requires knowledge of budget preparation, managing, and reporting. Requires knowledge and understanding of the philosophy and objectives of the community college.
• Requires proficiency with computer skills including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, email, and databases.
• Requires knowledge of advertising and marketing methods and techniques.
• Requires knowledge of designing, developing, and implementing effective, integrated programs and services.
• Requires knowledge of personnel management, supervision, and evaluation.
• Requires well-developed oral and written language skills to prepare reports and professional correspondence.
• Requires well-developed human relations skills to conduct performance reviews, deliver presentations, and convey technical information to a variety of audiences.
• Requires the ability to plan, organize, and supervise programs and operations of the Concurrent and Dual Enrollment Program.
• Requires the ability to effectively manage resources.
• Requires the ability to prepare, manage, and report budgets, including program reporting compliance.
• Requires the ability to learn, interpret, and apply State Education Code, Government Code, Title 5, and other federal and state regulations as related to the responsibilities of the position.
• Requires the ability to lead and direct the work of others to create a team atmosphere.
• Requires the ability to liaison and work closely with all relevant segments of the community, program staff, and administration in respect to promoting, furthering, continuing, and maintaining the program.
• Requires the ability to exhibit tact, courtesy, and patience in those relationships.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, while giving presentations, instructions, and explanations to individuals, and small or large groups notably when connecting to improve the skills of the community.
• Requires understanding of, sensitivity, and commitment to meeting the needs of the individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
• Requires the ability to work cooperatively and productively with internal and external constituencies.
• Requires the ability to advocate for collegiality, staff cohesiveness and the other core values of the institution.
The position requires the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time and move about to multiple locations to accomplish work.
Requires manual and finger dexterity to use a personal computer keyboard at speed, pointing device, projection equipment, and other common office equipment.
Requires sufficient visual acuity to read, recognize printed materials, and view a computer screen.
Requires speech and hearing ability to project voice to small and large audiences, carry on telephone conversations, and hear and grasp verbal communications and equipment prompts.
Requires the ability to work during off-hours.
Education and Experience
Master's degree and one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative assignment. Or, any combination of education and experience which would provide the required qualifications for this position.
Licenses and Certificates
May require a valid driver license.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer