Environmental Specialist 1
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Under a grant from the NJ Department of Military & Veteran’s Affairs, we are seeking a 35 hr./week Environmental Specialist I to act as a full time project manager based at our Lawrenceville site. The Environmental Specialist will support NJDMAVA EMB staff on a series of tasks that support the missions of the NJARNG and the NJDMAVA. Start date is in mid October 2018.
Support NJDMAVA EMB staff on a series of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- EA and EIS writing and EIS training/project management
- GIS and Database Management
- Floodplain Management
- Air and water quality management and permitting
- NEPA compliance
- Storage tank management
- Spill plans and Spill Response (SPCC)
- Noise management
- Hazardous waste management
- Site investigations and remediation.
- Collaborate with the Project Advisor in developing Project Management Plans, monthly and annual reports, and any other deliverables related to the tasks set by NJDMAVA and Stockton University staff.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Bachelor of Science degree, majoring in Environmental Sciences, Geology, Geomatics, Biology, Geography, Forestry, Wildlife Management, or related cultural and natural resources programs.
- Must be a legal citizen of the United States and submit to a DOD national agency background check in order to obtain a DOD CAC.
- Have or be able to obtain, prior to employment, a valid State of New Jersey driver’s license.
- Have at least five years experience working in Environmental Management or related field.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A one-page resume
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.