Transfer Enrollment Specialist - Professional Services Specialist 4
College Title: Professional Service Specialist IV
Department Title: Transfer Enrollment Specialist
Area of Responsibility: Transfer Credit Evaluation and Student Outreach
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of the Transfer Resource Center, the Transfer Enrollment Specialist is responsible for the evaluation and placement of transfer credit. Additional responsibilities include pre-advisement and outreach and retention campaigns.
- Review, interpret, and evaluate college and military transcripts and non-traditional credit for newly prospective and admitted transfer students to determine placement of transfer courses.
- Respond to transfer related questions in-person, telephone, email, and written correspondence.
- Assists with improved technology for credit audit.
- Conducts informational seminars for new faculty and staff on transfer policies and issues with emphasis on the advisement of new transfer students.
- Identifies problem areas and makes recommendations to improve transfer services for students and academic departments.
- Ability to present to small and large groups of people in various types of venues.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in transfer services and procedures in the field and in the departments served on campus.
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply college policies and procedures relating to transfer credits and graduation requirements.
- Be able to discuss degree completion options and interpret general education requirements with transfer prospects, applicants, and continuing students.
- Attend on- and off-campus transfer days in conjunction with University Admissions.
- Work with academic colleges and collaborate with New Student Programs as needed.
- Provides services that meet the needs of a diverse and multi-cultural student population.
- Assist the director in meeting overall department goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to demonstrate flexibility and work with various campus and community programs/partners.
- Flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to the team environment.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to think critically, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal skills and an in-depth understanding of student support services.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or counseling.
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education.