Dean of Academic Affairs
Hillsborough Community College (HCC) in Tampa, Florida is seeking an Academic Affairs Dean. This position will report directly to the Campus President. HCC is currently the seventh largest community college in Florida’s state college system, serving more than 45,000 students each year at its five campuses and three centers. HCC offers more than 160 academic programs, including 34 associate in arts degree transfer tracks and over 130 workforce programs.
The position requires at least a Master’s degree and at least five years of prior-related work experience.
The position supervises and coordinates the operations and administration of the Academic Affairs program for an assigned campus to ensure effective delivery and management of all campus instructional programs. Responsible for Academic Affairs program activities including:
- curriculum development
- academic planning
- outcome assessment
- budget management
- faculty and support staff development
- evaluation, scheduling and staffing of classes
This position reports directly to the Campus President, and will serve, if needed, as the Campus President’s designee. The preferred candidate should be able to demonstrate:
1) Leadership training and development
2) Excellent communication skills
3) The ability to use data effectively as a measure of productivity and accountability
4) The ability to take a project or initiative from concept to implementation
5) Work effectively in teams and collaborate across an organization
6) Demonstrate ability, experience and knowledge of higher education, especially in the community college enterprise
7) The ability to develop additional resources to improve the organization.
Hillsborough Community College (HCC) is an equal access/equal opportunity employer that makes employment and education-related decisions without regard to race, color, sex, gender, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation (including gender identity), marital status, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, pregnancy, or affiliations. In addition, the College does not discriminate in employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. HCC is committed to equitable treatment for all students and employees and to a learning and working environment free of discrimination and harassment for current and future students and employees. The College provides equal educational opportunities for eligible individuals with disabilities and complies with, and fully supports the Americans with Disabilities Act.