Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions (Health Science Focus)
Chatham University has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions. The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions reports to the Assistant Vice President for Graduate Enrollment.
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions is a professional, energetic and highly service-oriented professional who is responsible for growing enrollment for graduate health & lab science programs offered by Chatham University. This position handles all recruitment activities for assigned degree programs encompassing yearly planning, working with all prospective students, collaborating with faculty, building relationships with potential employers and partner institutions, and fostering community partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage yearly recruitment plan to increase program awareness, inquiry and enrollment.
- Provide advising and support through the admissions process for prospective students including information gathering, the application and interview process, and all ongoing follow-up up via phone, e-mail and in-person visits.
- Create and maintain relationships with schools, businesses, organizations, professional networks, non-profits, and others to identify and cultivate academic and job opportunities.
- Plan and execute on- and off-campus recruitment events and travel to feeder schools, employers and essential conferences and events for enrollment, networking, and visibility purposes.
- Prepare and present professional information sessions regarding graduate programs both on and off campus.
- Work with the university marketing department to contribute to the various communication materials needed to promote the degree programs and various programs/services offered by Chatham.
- Recruit students interested in designated health sciences programs delivered in an on-ground, online or blended format.
- Make regular reports concerning status of recruitment and the current enrollment of students across all assigned programs.
- Conduct Admission and Financial Aid presentations.
- Prepare and present professional information sessions regarding health & lab science programs virtually, on campus and in the community.
- Develop and implement strategies for designated health sciences applicants to optimize yield from admit to deposit and matriculation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community based organizations and businesses in order to expand corporate and strategic partner network.
- Work with graduate academic Program Directors to coordinate and promote graduate policies, procedures, and ensure enrollment goals are met.
- Uphold the highest standards for a nationally accredited, competitive program.
- This position requires daytime and some overnight travel as well as night and weekend work throughout the year.
Supervision Exercised: Occasional functional supervision of graduate student workers.
- Proven results-driven approach to sales, recruitment, and/or admissions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as well as excellent skills in marketing, emerging technology and media.
- Ability to leverage partnerships and collaborations to increase visibility of programs and interest from potential students.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with graduate health science populations preferred.
- Experience managing applications through a CAS system preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Experience: Required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary educational software, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, basic math ability, and excellent problem-solving skills. Individual should have strong people skills with the ability to help people feel at ease. Must function comfortably in a team structure and be able to speak before large and small groups with confidence.
Other notes about the position:
Successful candidates will possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, public speaking skills, and a proven background in sales. Extremely strong organizational skills, along with the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with diverse constituencies in a fast-paced environment are important to be successful in this position. Creative, energetic team players that have the capability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively are highly desired. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to meet enrollment / sales goals, attention to detail, follow-through, and dependability.
Requirements are within the general range of an office environment. Daytime and some overnight travel is required throughout the year. Some evening and weekend assignments are required.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer