Buyer III (Extended)
Los Rios Community College District
Buyer III (Extended)
Job Posting Number: C00672P
Salary: $3,780.20 per month
Closing Date: 9/25/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/8824
The technician or lead level class of this series. Incumbents, under direction, perform the more complex procurement/purchasing functions including evaluation and review of quotes and bids with limited supervision. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Purchasing Department .
● Analyzes and monitors maintenance agreements and contracts to ensure accurate equipment identification and invoicing terms.
● Analyzes bids and makes recommendations on awarding of contracts.
● Assists colleges and departments with merchandise returns.
● Assists customers in selecting merchandise.
● Assists in the preparation of bids and quotes.
● Computes sales tax and prepares purchase orders after approval by supervisor.
● Computes total cost of items purchased.
● Expedites and tracks shipments.
● Extends unit prices.
● Identifies and inputs vendor and District personnel to ensure positive and efficient interaction.
● Inputs tax-reporting information and identifies 1099 reportable vendors.
● Maintains bidders list for routine commodities and services.
● Maintains specified District contract files.
● Maintains vendor code files.
● Obtains and evaluates quotations and award orders based on quote evaluation.
● Obtains and evaluates quotations and recommends awarding of orders.
● Prepares bid specifications, notices and advertisements.
● Processes purchase requisitions by investigating sources of supply.
● Provides assistance to college and District office staff regarding budget checking of transactions in the Purchasing Financial System.
● Receives, logs, and files a copy of requisitions.
● Reviews and processes online requisitions using Purchasing Financial System.
● Reviews budget information to ensure appropriate expenditures in accordance with California Community Colleges Budget and Accounting manual guidelines.
● Reviews outstanding purchase order reports.
● Runs routine reports for analysis of aged purchase orders and determines necessary steps to complete the purchasing transaction.
● Sends follow-up forms on any discrepancies.
● Sends tax forms to new vendors.
● Oversees clerical preparation of purchase orders, bids, quotations, and specifications.
● Types or inputs data using computer for purchase orders and change orders.
● Types or writes invitation-to-bid forms and mails forms to supplier firms or distributes forms for public posting.
● Types or writes purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
● Verifies bids with purchase orders.
● Verifies detail encumbrance output and distributes encumbered purchase orders to appropriate parties.
● Verifies terminology and specifications of purchase requests.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: An Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in business administration or related field and five years of responsible experience in purchasing equivalent to a Buyer II. (One additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for educational requirement).
Promotional: Two years of experience in Los Rios District performing clerical duties at the level of a Buyer II, or equivalent. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.