We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Program Coordinator - AHEC
American Health Education Center (AHEC) is an outreach program designed to attract and encourage youth and undergraduates to pursue a career in health and to subsequently consider becoming a health practitioner in a rural area. This position will perform work using knowledge and experience specific to the AHEC program and exercise independent judgment in interpreting and applying AHEC rules and regulations. Position will inform students, staff, program participants, and/or the public regarding program content, policies, procedures and activities.
The Program Coordinator reports to and works closely with the Director, to coordinate and fulfill functions, components and processes related to AHEC. Examples of specific AHEC activities, where the Program Coordinator will have responsibilities for coordinating, supporting and/or fulfilling assigned functions include:
- Support student recruitment activities to attract and encourage students to participate in a variety of events, such as Health Science Career Days, Scrubs health careers camps, and other events.
- Coordinate logistics and provide support to the events.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a website relating to health careers, scholarships, and educational resources.
- Assist in development of surveys.
Other responsibilities include providing general program support including assisting with budget maintenance as requested, facilitating expenditures, supporting faculty and contractual personnel with travel arrangements, and helping with program logistics, arranging for tours, website maintenance, helping with events and other activities specified in the grants' scope of work, and which are consistent with this employee's job description.
Position will contribute to development of good working relationships with other higher ed or health related agencies, schools and other community contacts. Position will also participate in providing or fulfilling office, data, and records development and maintenance functions.
Must demonstrate ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- At least two years' full time work experience in the program specialty. To be considered qualifying, your work experience must include the following:
- Coordinating program operations beyond entry level work or
- Full time work experience in at least one of the following areas: higher education, health care, student services (K-12 or higher ed)
- Work experience demonstrating excellent customer service skills and ability to build and maintain good working relationships with external parties.
- Strong computer skills using a variety of applications (Word, Excel, data systems, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Candidates must also offer interest, experience and/or ability to promote cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
Preference may be given to candidates who offer one or more of the following preferred qualifications:
- Two or more years' college coursework, and/or a Bachelor's degree
- Experience with recruitment or other types of student outreach activities
- Experience with data collection, compiling data, preparing and disseminating reports