Director of Transition and Parent Programs
The Director of Transition and Parent Programs reports directly to the Dean of Students. The mission of the Transition & Parent Programs Department is to provide incoming students and their families with a set of common shared experiences and information to set the tone for student academic success, personal growth, leadership development, student responsibility, and meaningful connections. This area will also work to enhance the student learning experience at UNC Asheville through ongoing and newly emerging programs, initiatives and responsibilities that support Orientation, Parent Programs, Transfer Programs and Veterans Programs. By intentionally engaging students in interactive and diverse opportunities, the Transition and Parent Program position is dedicated to facilitating the students' transition to university life.The Director of Transition and Parent Programs will supervise all aspects of Parent Programs and coordinate various events that seek to communicate with and connect parents and families to UNC Asheville, campus life, and university initiatives and activities.Responsibilities include:
- Initiating a collaborative and interactive approach with individuals and offices across campus to coordinate Orientation, Parent Programs, Transfer Programs, and Veterans Programs.
- Supervising the Orientation Leadership team and undergraduate and graduate student interns.
- Articulating an overall vision, setting goals and objectives, and promoting student learning and development for New Student and Transfer Student Orientation, Parent Programs and Veterans Programs.
- Planning, budgeting for, and evaluating personnel and programs for Orientation, Parent Programs, Transfer programs and Veterans programs.
- Developing and assessing learning outcomes for appropriate programs and services.
- Assisting with the First Year Experience program and related programmatic/outreach efforts
- Teaching EDUC 171, Orientation Leader Class