Director of Auxiliary Services
Applicant Special Instructions:
Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, Florida is seeking a Director of Auxiliary Services. With five campuses spread across the County, this person will work with internal and external constituencies to ensure satisfaction with a variety of integral support services. This position will report directly to the Vice President for Administration/CFO in an atmosphere that encourages the open sharing of ideas, personal growth and entrepreneurial development. Applicants are to submit contact information for a minimum of five (5) references.
The position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of prior-related work experience.
The position plans, administers, coordinates and monitors the operation and administration of the District’s Food Services, Bookstores and various College support services.
Supplemental Job Information:
Functions as the Auxiliary Services Manager. The Director serves in an entrepreneurial role to ensure satisfaction with various campus support services including food service, the bookstores, food service/vending, and other revenue generating/support operations.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of:
- Managing major support services including bookstores, food services, and/or other revenue generating/support operations
- Developing strategy and tactics to enhance current operations in the areas managed, and pursue new opportunities for lowering costs and/or enhancing revenue and/or support to the College’s customers.
- Working effectively as a liaison between the departments managed and the College’s campuses to ensure that service, quality and price are balanced.
- Development and management of spreadsheets/budgets, including the ability understand at least basic accounting.
- Skill in development and management of contracts.
- Effective recruitment, development and retention of staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Has oversight of the risk management function. (All insurance is purchased by the Florida Risk Management Consortium)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Apply online at: http://jobs.hccfl.edu/postings/8994 Applicants must attach a resume, cover letter and a copy of their transcript, showing at least the minimum qualifications, at the time of application. HCC is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability/Minority Employer.