Faculty Manager, Business College Course Faculty
A new kind of U. As a competency-based, student-focused, online, nonprofit university, we do things a bit differently at WGU. From the bottom up, we're designed with students in mind—particularly, the busy, working, adult student who wants to earn a bachelor's or master's degree but for whom a traditional university education simply won't do. As a Faculty Manager your primary focus is on both student and employee success!
The Faculty Manager leads a team of 15-20 Course Instructors. In this role you are responsible for the development, inspiration and performance of your team. You will be responsible for delivering exceptional team results while delivering innovative solutions that positively impact the students your team supports. The Faculty Manager works closely with members of the WGU leadership team to define direction implement urgency and define clear expectations while insuring adherence to the mission of the University.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Business required; Ph.D. highly preferred
- Experience working with adult learners in distance learning environments preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in various aspects of business management required
- 3-5 years’ experience managing a team of at least 10 full-time direct reports
- Experience building effective teams by leveraging, coaching and mentoring
- Experience leading change while increasing specific, measurable results
- Must be an independent self-starter and self-managed
- Demonstrated ability to function in a leadership and guiding role that enhances student achievement toward educational goals
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor his or her team to help at-risk and struggling students overcome life’s challenges while delivering exceptional customer service (AKA “Student Obsession”)
WORK FROM HOME, United States