Faculty, Process Technology
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Kingwood Process Technology Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Campus address is 14001 Lockwood Road, Houston, TX 77044
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. The faculty member's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
- Teaches courses in Process Technology at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs
- Makes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or laboratory within college and departmental guidelines
- Plans, develops and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course
- Submits required college reports and forms
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
- Provides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Responsible for professional development and institutional service as determined in consultation with the Dean
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Mastery of course content
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning communities and distance learning
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Schedule will vary depending on class times. Faculty are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction as needed.
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Computer equipment utilized in simulation as well as that controlling the Process Training Distillation Unit (DeltaV)
- All types of equipment utilized in simulation as well as that controlling the chemical plant will be used. Process Training Distillation Unit will use propylene glycol.
- Work is performed primarily in a climate controlled office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards.
- There is required time outside in the environment when working in the Process Training Distillation Unit. Both with students and during maintenance. These times may be during all seasons and all times of the day and night.
- Process Training Distillation Unit work requires that health and safety precautions are followed at all times.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Associate Degree in Process Technology or related field
- 3 years' work experiences in the field of Process Technology
- Experience as a Process Operator in a Chemical Plant, Refinery, or Power Generation Facility
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College to Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Kingwood
Work Locations: 20000 Kingwood Dr (0200) , 20000 Kingwood Dr , Kingwood , 77339
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Process Technology Center - 0203
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Required Documents: Transcript 1, Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy
Job Posting: Sep 10, 2018, 9:19:10 PM