Instructor/Diabetes Advanced Practice Provider (APP)
University of Colorado Denver l Colorado Springs Network of Care Site/Briargate Campus in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Endocrinology
Instructor/Advanced Practice Provider
Position #  - Requisition # 
*This position will be located at the CU Briargate Specialty Clinic for Children in Colorado Springs, Colorado*
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology has an opening for a full-time Instructor/Advanced Practice Provider position. This position will clinically support the Section of Pediatric Endocrinology at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO) and at the CU Briargate Specialty Clinic for Children in Colorado Springs, CO.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide diabetes care to newly diagnosed and established children with Type 1 diabetes as well as other endocrine disorders both in an outpatient and inpatient setting
- Provide diabetes education and case management for children with Type 1 diabetes
- Conduct phone consultations with patients and other NP/PA/physicians in the community
- Determine appropriate options in resolving complicated inquiries and/or issues
- Contribute to new and ongoing diabetes clinical research protocols
- Computer charting/data entry
- Educate patients and families on diabetes management techniques
- Provide instruction to patients and families regarding Insulin Pump and Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Provide academic support through the training of fellows, residents, and medical students
- Attend relevant conferences and continuing education opportunities
- Attend monthly University of Colorado Anschutz faculty meetings via teleconference or in-person
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates may be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation for questions, please contact Kaitlin Norris, [email protected]
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master's Degree
- Certified Nurse Practitioner, Certified Physician Assistant, or other relevant/comparable advanced certification
- Licensed or ability to obtain State of Colorado Nursing license or State of Colorado Physician Assistant License prior to start date
- Current certifications in Basic Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Prior clinical experience with Type 1 diabetes
- Prior experience providing care to diabetic pediatric patients
- Must hold or have ability to obtain diabetes educator certification (CDE)
Condition of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check and sex offender registry check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants, and nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Knowledge of academic medical institutions
- Ability to work within cross-cultural and cross-populations
- Ability to obtain thorough history, perform complete physical examinations, order/interpret labs, growth, and other tests to develop treatment plans
- Knowledge of Type 1 diabetes
- Prior experience with electronic medical record systems including Epic
- Experience working within interdisciplinary teams
- Certified Pump Trainer and experience with Hybrid Close loop systems
- Prescriptive authority or eligible for certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Megan Fink at [email protected]
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20971 - SOM-PEDS Endocrinology-GenOps
Posting Date: Sep 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Megan Fink
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00752953